CGI problems

Luca Corti cortez at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 13 19:53:05 CEST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with the web interface CGIs. I get the following error:

Error: Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'
for update!

The permissions on the external command file and/or directory may be
incorrect. Read the FAQs on how to setup proper permissions.

An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for
processing.

Return from whence you came

This happens if I try to force an immediate check on a host, or if I try
to set anything, while I can safely "browse" and see the host and
services status. It seems an issue with writing to
'/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd' but:

prw-rw----    1 nagios   nagios          0 Oct  4 22:21 nagios.cmd

any ideas?

thanks

Luca

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose the contents to any other person, do not use it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.