Unreachable hosts not showing on the tactical overview

Randie Waddell rwaddell at ritzcamera.com
Wed Oct 13 16:06:31 CEST 2004

Hello to all,

I have recently upgraded from 1.2 to 2.0a1 and noticed a little problem, that
I can't explain.  I have 2000 hosts, and 1000 of those hosts have a parent to
each.  The problem I'm noticing is that if one of the parents goes 'DOWN', it
also says that the child host behind it is 'DOWN' as well.  But if I look at
the trends for the child host, it shows up as 'UNREACHABLE' on the graph.  I
did not experience this problem with 1.2 and was curious if anyone else out
that as seen the same problem, or has fixed it?  Under 1.2, if the parent
went 'DOWN' the child host behind it would go into the 'UNREACHABLE' column
in that tactical overview.

Any information would be appreciated.

Randie