How to look at history of a specific Service?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Oct 13 15:17:23 CEST 2004

Messages..

> Hope somebody can understand that.. I'm confused

Nagios only really logs status changes. You can tell it to log initial
states, host/service retries and passive checks as well by enabling
those options in nagios.cfg. If you retrieve your trap results through
active checks then I do not believe that you can log all the OK states.
If you retrieve your trap results through passive checks then the option
to log_passive_service_checks may provide the functionality you're
looking for but I'm not sure the reporting cgi's will display those
results. You'll have to test that.

--
Marc