How to look at history of a specific Service?

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Wed Oct 13 05:13:12 CEST 2004

I'd like to see the history of Check Results.

I have switches that send Traps and i want to receive every trap but i
don't want to be notificated on every trap.

So I have maybe Syslog Traps which i want to read, but that have the
status Ok. I have a cold reboot Trap that should switch the status to
critical.

So i have a configuration with snmptrapd, snmptt, some custom wrapper
scripts which check for the host that has sent the Trap and create an
appropiate  EXTERNAL COMMAND: PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT.

In the Services i have a entry:
define service{
         use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use
         host_name                       vincepix
         service_description             TRAP
         is_volatile                     0
         check_period                    none
         max_check_attempts              1
         normal_check_interval           1
         retry_check_interval            1
         contact_groups                  Admins
         notification_interval           120
         notification_period             24x7
         notification_options            c,r
         check_command                   check_none
         }

passive checks are enabled.

With max_check_attemps it should notificate at once (when a warning or
critical flagged TRAP is received) i have no problem with getting the
service back to Ok when receiving a syslog (OK-Status) Trap, but maybe i
create different Services for that..

My problem is:
  (wow that took long)

I receive a lot of TRAPS that are "OK" but is it possible to see the
output of the transmitted check result?
I tried every point for View XX history and i'm out of luck.
I just want to have the ability to read all the Results for OK Messages..

Hope somebody can understand that.. I'm confused

Jan

--
Jan Scholten
Research and Development Intern