Preventing false errors

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Oct 13 16:45:54 CEST 2004

The checks originate from Nagios not the Internet so Nagios is the
center of the universe. All parents are determined by their relationship
to Nagios and the host being monitored. Remember, parenting is used to
determine why Nagios might not be able to reach a specific host, not
whether that host can reach the Internet.

--
Marc