services check stale

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Thu Nov 25 16:15:29 CET 2004

Hi,

I have about 150 host and 400 services checked via nagios.

Sometime It happens that many services "are stale by XXX seconds". In the
same time one check_host_alive stop to work properly and goes in a CRITICAL
state, but I can reach/ping it correctly !

I don't know if both situations are related together. May someone suggest me
which parameters I can modify to :
1) reduce the "stale" situations
2) reach/ping the hosts always correctly

I tried also to set max_concurrent_checks=100 and
use_agressive_host_checking=1 but nothing happened.

Please take a look of my nagios.cfg file.

Many thanks

Marco