NSCA for Windows

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Wed Nov 24 02:22:40 CET 2004

Jan Scholten wrote:
> I'm trying to send Passive checks via send_nsca to my nagios server.
>
> I got the binary from
> http://www.ibb.net/send_nsca_win32/
> but i'm not sure how to send the data.
>
> C:\Program Files\nsca>echo "Testpix\tTRAP\t1\tWindowsNSCATest" |
> send_nsca -H XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -c "c:\program files\nsca\send_nsca.cfg"
> 0 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.
>
> i think my \t are not working, so any clues?
Great i find solutions by myself.
I need a [tab] not a \t so if i
C:\Program Files\nsca>echo "Testpix    TRAP    1       WindowsNSCATest"
| send_nsca -H XX.XXX.XXX.XXX -c "c:\program files\nsca\send_nsca.cfg"
1 data packet(s) sent to host successfully.

Works, but how do i create a Tab and what checks can i use ? NSClient is
fine, is there a possibility to send Output of NSClient as NSCA? i
normally only use it with check_nt, but these hosts are standing in a
secured subnet, where inbound traffic ist not allowed (from my box).