Plugins to check multiple IP addresses.

Richard Archbold richardarchbold at eircom.net
Fri Nov 19 17:13:59 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up Nagios to monitor all of my companys core
services and was wondering if there are plugins that can check services on
multiple IP addresses.

For example, we have machine X which has two ethernet address, does there
exist a plugin which executes as check_ping -H 10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2 ?

Also, when defining hosts and hostgroups, is it possible to have a hostgroup
which is composed of other hostgroups?

For example, I was hoping to maybe use something like

host1 = machineX-eth1
host2 = machineX-eth2

hostgroup = machineX
members = machineX-eth1,machineX-eth2

host3 = machineY-eth1
host4 = machineY-eth2

hostgroup = machineY
members = machineY-eth1,machineY-eth2

hostgroup = machinesAll
members =  machineX,machineY

Please forgive me if these are trivial questions. I have read the manual ...
and am also finding it difficult to get the mailing list archive search
facility to give me any answers related to my search :-(

Any and all help will be rewarded with beer should you ever venture to
Dublin, Ireland.

Regards,

Richard.