complex notification problem.

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Fri Nov 19 09:40:21 CET 2004

tim wrote:
> If an alert occurs on service A I want to email Contact 1 and page
> Contact 2
> If an alert occurs on service B I want to page Contact 1 and email
> Contact 2

You need separate contacts for email and pager notifications. This is
usually a nice thing to do anyway, since it lets you skip UNKNOWN
messages and unnecessary stuff to page about and set different
timeperiods for email and pager notifications and so on. Then group them
as necessary and specify the proper group for each host/service.
Templates are nifty to do whole ranges. Use them.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer