Nagios and DB support.

Scott Sanders scott at bftwave.com
Tue Nov 16 17:57:47 CET 2004

They also sound like my problems. I would like to see Nagios evlove into
a full network monitoring/management tool, but I can't see how this is
possible without database support. I personally need to regularly poll a
large number of devices' traffic stats, transmission errors, connected
clients, link quality, etc. These all need to be stored in a DB so I can
quickly graph them with rrdtool. Storing data for at least a year is
also important, because it shows seasonal trends, which can be very
important in RF.

I currently use nagios for alerts and graph all my devices with a
seperate program. This is annoying because it forces me to keep two
config files instead of just a single one. Either way, I would like to
see nagios make more use of rrdtool, as being able to visually track
changes can be even more vauable than a pager going off with a "host
critical" warning.

My $0.02,
Scott