Problem with socket timeouts.

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Sun Nov 14 21:10:47 CET 2004

I'm Using Debian Sarge and it works fine:
# 'check_smtp' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_smtp
        command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_smtp -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -t 20
        }

gives me the socket timeout after 20 Seconds. Dunno why i receive that
much timeouts (maybe i need more hardware?)

Well add a "-t <timeout in secs>" to your commands and it should have a
bigger timeout.

Jan