Status Map

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Tue Nov 9 21:45:01 CET 2004

> Good Afternoon
Good Morning!

[cut]
> 1.	How do I (on the custom layout status map) construct the Lines
> connecting hosts to each other?
use the "parents" directive in the hosts.cfg but only if the Hosts are
Parents (so physically dependant)

> 2.	How do I (on the custom status map) turn off the colored circles or
> change their dimensions?
Don't know! Maybe you have to hack the .c file and build again!

> 3.	Is there any way to expand (again on the custom status map) the area
> available to plot the hosts in.  Right now, only about ¼ of my total
> screen area is available, and I am going to run out of real estate very
> fast (I have a total of about 30 hosts or so that I will be showing
> right now, it may expand to about 150 later this year)
If you use 2d_coords it should expand the the screen so that the maximum
coordinate can be drawn. I Advise you to test nagiosmap.pl (found on
nagios.org--> extras) which makes the moving of Hosts a piece of cake!

> 4.	In the example screenshot in the documentation, the circular (marked
> up) screen shows the different hosts connected to their proper switches
> etc.  I cannot seem to do this in mine,  I suspect that it is related to
> them all being labeled as root hosts, but again, I haven't been able to
> find how to change this (Could someone point me in the right direction
> for those instructions)

Parents! take a look from the nagios host, so the next hop (usally switch
has the nagios host a parent, all Hosts/Switches Routers connected to this
switch have this switch as parent and so on. If you figure out what i mean
(sorry for my english) you will have nice lines between your hosts and if
a host fails you feel the power of nagios dependencies (check manual).

> I have been through the instructions, but it is possible (even likely)
> that I have missed these points someplace,  If you would rather, could
> you just point me to the areas of the docs that answer these questions
>
> Thanks
>
> TIM

Hope that helps

--