Status Map

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Nov 9 21:24:49 CET 2004

Good Afternoon

I have made quite a bit of progress with my Nagios installation, thanks in no small part to the excellent help that have received from this list.

I am now to the point of wanting to configure my status map display.

I have begun editing the hostextinfo.cfg file, and I am making nice progress in placing my icons on the screen etc.  I have bumped into a couple of small questions, which I cannot seem to locate the answers to in the documentation.

1.	How do I (on the custom layout status map) construct the Lines connecting hosts to each other?
2.	How do I (on the custom status map) turn off the colored circles or change their dimensions?
3.	Is there any way to expand (again on the custom status map) the area available to plot the hosts in.  Right now, only about ¼ of my total screen area is available, and I am going to run out of real estate very fast (I have a total of about 30 hosts or so that I will be showing right now, it may expand to about 150 later this year)
4.	In the example screenshot in the documentation, the circular (marked up) screen shows the different hosts connected to their proper switches etc.  I cannot seem to do this in mine,  I suspect that it is related to them all being labeled as root hosts, but again, I haven't been able to find how to change this (Could someone point me in the right direction for those instructions)

I have been through the instructions, but it is possible (even likely) that I have missed these points someplace,  If you would rather, could you just point me to the areas of the docs that answer these questions

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes

IT Manager