About check_bgpstate

Fernando Lesme Ayala fernando.lesme at conexiongroup.com
Mon Nov 8 17:56:54 CET 2004

            I want to use a plugin named check_bgpstate.pl. But I don’t
understand how I can’t configure in the checkcommands.cfg inside
/etc/nagios.

            I tried the script and works very fine, but when I put into the
services.cfg, Nagios display a message of UNKNOWN: Unable to resolve
destination adresss ‘-c’ in the web page

            My configuration in checkcommands.cfg is :

            define command{

           command_name    check_bgpstate

           command_line    $USER1$/contrib/check_bgpstate.pl -c $USER5$
$HOSTADDRESS$

          }

           My configuration in services.cfg is:

define service{

            use                                          generic-service
; Name of service template to use

            host_name                               Core_PaP

            service_description                    BGP

            is_volatile                                 0

            check_period                            24x7

            max_check_attempts                3

            normal_check_interval               3

            retry_check_interval                  1

            contact_groups                         pap_users

            notification_interval                    120

            notification_period                     24x7

            notification_options                   w,u,c,r

            check_command                      check_bgpstate

            }

            And my test of bgpstate is:

[root at nmspap contrib]# perl check_bgpstate.pl -c st4rTAC 172.16.5.1

OK: host '172.16.5.1', sessions up: 9, down: 0, shutdown: 0

Here works fine.

¿Please you can give me some solution for this issue?

Thanks

P.D. I use Nagios Version 1.2 and sorry, my English is bad.

Fernando Lesme