Plugin to check MD5 sum on certain files

Dan Spray danslists at conpoint.com
Fri Nov 5 20:51:56 CET 2004

Hello,

A long time ago I used Big Brother for monitoring.  They had a check that I
could use where I had pasted the md5sum value into a text file, burned it
onto CD and then the current md5sum of a particular file was checked against
the known good copy.  I would like to get something else like this again
only using Nagios.

What I am after is if someone gets in and changes say the /bin/ls command
that I would know about it before just finding that the command doesn't work
anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Dan Spray, Director of Internet Operations dan at conpoint.com
<BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::mailto:dan at conpoint.com>
Connecting Point Norfolk, NE <
<BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::http://www.conpoint.com/>
http://www.conpoint.com/>
Voice - 402.844.2308 Fax - 402.371.4515

"The porcupine with the sharpest quills gets stuck on a tree more often."