Plugin to check MD5 sum on certain files

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Fri Nov 5 21:42:11 CET 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 01:51:56PM -0600, Dan Spray wrote:
> A long time ago I used Big Brother for monitoring.  They had a check that I
> could use where I had pasted the md5sum value into a text file, burned it
> onto CD and then the current md5sum of a particular file was checked against
> the known good copy.  I would like to get something else like this again
> only using Nagios.
There are a lot of good purpose-built tools for that sort of
thing; one of them I use is called 'samhain'. I believe it comes
with a Nagios plugin of some sort as well.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/samhain/

-Jason Martin
--
To get the point, rub a porcupine backwards.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.