Nagios

Jan Scholten Jan.Scholten at iconz.net
Thu Nov 4 22:37:32 CET 2004

Don't you thgink you have written enough mails in a short time about a
topic that is explained quite good in the documentation?

For 1.
read "The second step is to create a file named .htaccess in the root your
> CGI directory (and optionally also you HTML directory) for Nagios
> (usually /usr/local/nagios/sbin and /usr/local/nagios/share,
> respectively)"

Put it in that directory (or wherever your nagios lives)

for 2:
Read: (Authentication And Authorization In The CGIs)

Running the following command will create a new file called htpasswd.users
in the /usr/local/nagios/etc directory. It will also create an
username/password entry for nagiosadmin. You will be asked to provide a
password that will be used when nagiosadmin authenticates to the web
server.

htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin

RTFM!

For your other Mails:
RTFM!
Google for .htaccess. this file is used/read by apache and must not be
executed!
Did it state: create the file a execute it? No in my Docs... RTFM!

And not installing GDlib will give you no pictures, which is pretty ugly!

Sorry for being so rude, but Nagios is diffcult and you should really read
(about a week) before bothering other people with trivial questions.

Jan

--
Jan Scholten
Research and Development Intern