Notification periods/ options/ and commands

nagios at mm.quex.org nagios at mm.quex.org
Mon Nov 1 04:27:23 CET 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 03:30:30PM -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:

> I am a new nagios user, I am working my way through editing the cfg
> files.  I have hit just a small bump.
>
> I cannot seem to find a description of the whatever_notification_period,
> whatever_notification_options or whatever_notification_commands  items
> in the config files.
>
> Some of it is self explanatory - the 24x7 and workhours for example, but
> the single character codes, (Like w, u, c, r etc) have me totally
> clueless.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#contact

Scroll down a bit for the explanation of the _notification_options
parameters.  The 24x7 and workhours are just names defined by a
"define timeperiod { ... }" block somewhere else in the configuration.

Likewise, the notification_commands are the names of commands, as
defined by a "define command { ... }" block, to run in order to
notify a contact of the host or service status.