Database schema?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 28 20:44:49 CEST 2004

Andrew Grimberg <mailto:tykeal at bardicgrove.org> wrote:
> Greetings folks,
>
> First time posting to the list, just joined, sorry if I'm rude...
> haven't watched the list much ;)
>
> I'm looking to set Nagios up using MySQL.  The documentation (or was
> it
> whatsnew.html) says something about table definitions in the
> contrib/database directory.  I can't find this directory with the
> distribution.  Heck I can't find the directory in CVS either.
>
> Where can I get the database schemas?  I would really, really like to
> switch over to using MySQL for stuff.

I've just grabbed the "nagios-1-x-bugfixes (1.x)" release from
http://www.nagios.org/cvs.php and they're still in there...

[omeganon at drunkard database]$ pwd; ls -l
/home/omeganon/nagios-1-x-cvs/contrib/database
total 28
-rw-r--r--    1 omeganon omeganon    10414 Apr 16  2002 create_mysql
-rw-r--r--    1 omeganon omeganon     9919 Feb 25  2002 create_pgsql
-rw-r--r--    1 omeganon omeganon      312 Feb 25  2002 README

IFF you're looking for database support in 2.0(alpha), you're not going
to find it. Database support is being dropped from the core distribution
in favor of external modules that will emulate the current behavior (and
which haven't been written yet).

--
Marc