Nagios and the GPL (was Has anyone looked into the...)

Robert Nelson rnelson at windchannel.com
Thu May 27 20:52:13 CEST 2004

> option, as the other FAQ questions make clear.  The source
> MUST be available if you distribute the code, or a modified
> version of it, outside your own organization.  The only

I think the question is whether you have to make the source available to
everyone, or just those to whom you distribute the binaries. i.e. Do you
have to acquire the binaries to get the source, or do can you get the
source without getting the binaries?

I personally think it could be interpreted either way, depending on how
much you pay your lawyer.

Rob Nelson
Network Engineer
Windchannel Communications