Vedr.: Lotus Domino

Martin Mielke martin.mielke at thales-is.com
Wed May 26 16:12:26 CEST 2004

Hi Thomas and all,

Thomas Jens Lauritsen wrote:

>Hi Martin,
>
>We monitor our Domino servers via Nagios.

Nice to hear it... :)

>Via TCP port 1352 - Works very well because when domino get a serious error
>it normaly closes the 1352 port.

hmmm... interesting.

>Via SNMP - here we ask for waiting mails and dead mails. A good indicator
>if something is wrong in the system.

Could you please provide me/us with some examples? Feel free to contact
me off the list for this issue.

>There are other values to ask for but not used.

Could you please also list them? I'd like to have as much information as
possible, just in case one of my bosses comes in and says "hey, show me
how <insert-Lotus-feature-here> XXXXX is going..."...

>If you get errors here like unknow data - that would also indicate that
>something is wrong.

Is there any way to analize the reasons for that unknown data?

>Anyway thanks for the info NXE

You are welcome! :)

Martin

[ snip ]