Vedr.: Lotus Domino

Thomas Jens Lauritsen tjl at topdanmark.dk
Wed May 26 14:40:02 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

We monitor our Domino servers via Nagios.

Via TCP port 1352 - Works very well because when domino get a serious error
it normaly closes the 1352 port.

Via SNMP - here we ask for waiting mails and dead mails. A good indicator
if something is wrong in the system.
There are other values to ask for but not used.
If you get errors here like unknow data - that would also indicate that
something is wrong.

Anyway thanks for the info NXE

Thomas

                      Martin Mielke
                      <martin.mielke at thales-is.com>        Til:      nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                      Sendt af:                            cc:
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour        Vedr.:    [Nagios-users] Lotus Domino
                      ceforge.net

                      26-05-04 13:02

Hi all,

I've been browsing the list archives before subscribing (been subscribed
a long time ago, so it's good to be back ;)) searching for a way to
monitor a Lotus Domino Server in depth. Checking for the Lotus port is
not enough for my deployment... so the obvious question: is there such a
plugin to monitor Lotus Domino?

I also saw the NXE (Nagios XML Engine) - http://nxe.sourceforge.net/  -
On its website (see "About") it's said:
---
NXE is designed to address these data integration concerns by allowing
Nagios to be fully integrated with any XML capable platform. Many
intranet, extranet and web based application platforms (such as
Microsoft's IIS/.Net servers, IBM's Domino & Websphere and Apache's
SOAP, Xerces & Xalan projects to name a few) use XML as their core data
structures and NXE allows Nagios to be integrated with all of them for
both reporting and control (via Nagios' external command interface) of
multiple Nagios systems.
---

If I understand it correctly, through NXE it could be possible to
monitor/control Lotus Domino... or am I wrong?
Has anyone deployed such a solution?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

reporting any issue.