Has anyone looked into the product by www.hy peric.com before?

Russell Adams RLAdams at Kelsey-Seybold.com
Tue May 25 22:09:10 CEST 2004

Add the Windows SNMP Service, and then use net-snmp to walk the
HostMIB values for hrSWInstalledTable.

Like:

$ snmpwalk hostname public hrSWInstalledTable
SNMP table: host.hrSWInstalled.hrSWInstalledTable

Index Name                                ID                       Type          Date
4     "Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1" .ccitt.zeroDotZero       application   2003-7-16,18:3:24.0
5     "Internet Explorer Q818529"         .ccitt.zeroDotZero       application   2003-7-21,13:33:52.0
6     "Windows 2000 Hotfix - KB822831"    .ccitt.zeroDotZero       application   2003-10-3,10:3:48.0
7     "Windows 2000 Hotfix - KB823559"    .ccitt.zeroDotZero       application   2003-7-16,17:26:26.0

Sorry for the funky wrapping, just trying to illustrate the point. It
depends on the software, but the hrSWInstalledName may contain the
version number which you could detect via snmp with Nagios.

Russell