Loggin Failure: "logged as ?"

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue May 25 18:50:40 CEST 2004

Leonardo Henrique Machado <mailto:leoh at dcc.ufmg.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot log with a especific user in Nagios. Apache doesn't ask for
> a loging/password anymore!
>
> "logged as ?"
>

> It used to work fine. One day, it stoped. I think that it's a
> problema with Apache. How can I solve it? It's happening with 2 other
> friends of mine.
>

> Here is my config:

Nagios config really doesn't matter at this stage. As you suspect, it's
likely an Apache problem, more specifically an htaccess issue. Do you
have a properly configured .htaccess file in ~nagios/sbin and an
appropriately configured .htpasswd file (as pointed to by .htaccess)?
Can apache read those files? If you do, your httpd error_log should
indicate in more detail what the problem is. If you do not have a
.htaccess file then the documentation at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/cgiauth.html#config_web_users
would be pertinent.

--
Marc