NRPE on Solaris 7

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue May 18 22:56:35 CEST 2004

Cooley, David wrote:
> Well,
> Removed SSL, SSH, my compiler and all libs, re-installed all, removed the
> directories with the NRPE source and recompiled/reinstalled, even COPIED the
> binaries off another Solaris 7 server (that works) and used them, and same
> problem...  Fortunately ijn the next month or so we will be rebuilding that
> server with Solaris 9, and it's been fairly trouble free for the last 2
> years, so it will have to wait.

Run check_nrpe with the -n switch, or try this backwards ssl/non-ssl
compatible version I wrote some time ago (posted earlier, but not to
this list). Note thought that it's the plugin (check_nrpe) that's
'all-flavour' compatible. It wouldn't make much sense to make the daemon
(nrpe) abide to the wims of the client, so that'll probably never happen.

For complete compatibility it requires that openssl 0.9.6 or later is
installed on your nagios server, where it should be compiled.

--
Mvh
Andreas Ericsson
andreas.ericsson at op5.se