check_procs not functioning well

anil kamath amk_dude at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 12:39:49 CEST 2004

hi swati,

firstly you need to configure nrpe daemon on the
remote host to check_procs. else it will monitor the
prrocs on the localhost only. if you want to monitor
procs you need to compile nrpe on the remote host and
install the nrpe daemon as a standalone or an xinetd
service later from the nagios host you throw commands
using check_nrpe to the nrpe daemon which will give
you the procs running on the remote host.
do you need the syntax for check_procs ?????
or is it okay with the config..

reply
anil