NRPE problems

nikita nikita at kraft-s.ru
Tue May 18 05:54:29 CEST 2004

I use NRPE for ping local-hosts with private addresses. After the host where
is started a demon has visited in down and again up, service using check-nrpe
by the central machine too becomes down and up, but the host for which it is
verifying of the arisen condition down does not leave any more. In nagios.log
there are such lines:

[1084832453] HOST ALERT: adsl01;DOWN;HARD;10;(No output returned from host
check)
[1084832453] SERVICE ALERT: adsl01;local_ping;CRITICAL;HARD;1;Connection
refused by host
[1084833073] SERVICE ALERT: adsl01;local_ping;OK;HARD;1;PING OK - Packet loss
= 0%, RTA = 6.63 ms

The first SERVICE ALERT does not grow out real check! I do not understand
whence this line undertakes. The status of a host remains red and varies on
green only after restart nagios. If someone met such problem, help me please!