hostextinfo being ignored

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu May 13 22:01:19 CEST 2004

This is making me rip out whatever hair I have left!

In my cfg.cgi, I have this line:
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg

which contains stuff such as
define hostextinfo {
        host_namename linuxhosts
        icon_image linux40.png
        vrml_image linux40.png
        statusmap_image linux40.gd2
        name linuxhosts
}
define hostextinfo {
        host_name dragon
        use     linuxhosts
	2d_coords 40,40
}

Seems okay.  The above 3 images are in
/usr/share/nagios/htdocs/images/logos.  Yet no matter what I put in the
hostsextinfo.cfg file, it seems as if it is ignored.  At no place in
nagios do any of the above "custom" icons show up (they are the ones that
are avail, but custom in that they are not the question mark).   On the
status map, everything is the question mark.  However, if I replace
unknown.gd2 with, say linux40.gd2, then they are all linux icons.   I have
checked and the config files are all world-readable, so it shouldn't be a
permissions thing.

Also, if I choose User-supplied coords in the layout method, I am told I
have not supplied any.    Even removing hostextinfo.cfg or putting garbage
in doesn't cause any thing to work different.    Of course, at no time is
there any indication of a problem.

This is all with the nagios 1.2 packages (nagios-text 1-2) on Debian.