doubt - nagios reports with mysql support

Marcos & Marcelo gemeosdf at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 13 21:35:25 CEST 2004

Hi Folks,

   I installed nagios with mysql support, and I noticed some strange things like:
1) when I'm going to make some reports with graphs, nagios get the information from the file nagios.log. Is it normal? Why nagios doesn't use mysql tables in order to make reports?

2) I noticed that nagios keeps data in some tables, after nagios service stops, like hostretention, serviceretention and programretention. So, What is the function of those tables, If nagios doesn't use those to make reports?

Thanks,
Marcelo Mendonca