init.d script for Debian (for use with version 1.2)

Warren Freitag wfreitag at ii3.com
Thu May 13 17:53:42 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I was having some problems installing Nagios on my Debian (sarge) system using the Debian packages retrieved through apt-get. I have instead opted to compile, build, and install from the generic source tarballs. However, the sample init.d script they provide was problematic, so I instead opted to use the one provided by the Debian package I originally installed. I had to hack it a bit, but it now works rather nicely using the Debian standard "start-stop-daemon". If you have Nagios installed from source tarballs in the default location (/usr/local/nagios), you should be able to drop the attached script right into your /etc/init.d directory. When you install it, be sure the owner is set to "root.root" and that it is chmod'ded to 755.

Regards,
Warren
 <<nagios>>