different contact methods for different events

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed May 12 16:42:05 CEST 2004

In the contacts.cfg, there is a line for pager and line for e-mail.

Is it possible to define a notification for a service that uses just one
of those?   For example, e-mail and page me if a machine is down, but if
just something like ntp drops on a host, just e-mail me, as I don't want
lunch interupted for nothing.

As best as I can tell, it looks like I need to make a
	Dan_Email contact
	Dan_Pager contact
and then depending on the service, choose the appropriate contact group
with the right people.

Just seems to me it'd be easier/nice to have a way in the contactgroups to
have a contacttype or something, where you just have one entry for each
contact and get to choose how they are contacted higher up based on the
service.  ie   in the service config, after contact_groups, have a
contact_method pager or contact_method email or something in there.

Just seems easier on managing contacts in the long run to have one contact
entry per person.   Yeah...I could probably modify the source, but I
prefer nagios to work  :)

Or have I missed something completely.