NRPE - Could not read request from client, bailing out...

Flak Magnet flakmagnet at tabletop-battlezone.com
Wed May 12 15:37:26 CEST 2004

I am having a fit trying to get check_nrpe to work and so I reluctantly ask
you folks for assistance.

Environ:
Nagios 1.2 on a Linux box with nrpe_check v 2.0

NRPE v 1.9 on Solaris 8 box.

I compiled both ends of nrpe without SSL support and I'm running nrpe on the
Solaris box from inetd.

When I run check_nrpe receive the following message in /var/tmp/messages:

May 12 09:16:27 <hostname> nrpe[6750]: [ID 421412 daemon.error] Could not read
request from client, bailing out...

I've searched the FAQ and RTFM'd without coming up with anything... could it
be the different versions of NRPE that are shnackering up the works?

--

-- Tim "Flak Magnet"
http://geocities.com/flakmagnet72/