nagios errors

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed May 12 10:38:21 CEST 2004

Tóth Béla wrote:
> Hi!
> Where can I find nagios error messages explanations?
> For example:
> Return code of 116 is out of bounds
> and other error messages explanations by error code number.

Return code out of bounds most often happens what a system error
happens. You can use the 'perror' program to display the appropriate
error message for it. 116 is 'Stale NFS file handle', and should
probably occur when a partition previously mounted by NFS is no longer
available, but hasn't been unmounted (i.e. NFS server is down or
otherwise unavailable).

126 and 127 are not very uncommon. Those are shell return codes (not
system ones) and mean, respectively; 'Permission denied' or
'Non-executable' (on the file being executed or one of the directories
above it) and 'File not found' (for when a plugin is missing).

> Thanks!

You're welcome.

--
Andreas Ericsson