Time based rather than contact based notifications

Upayavira uv at upaya.co.uk
Wed May 12 09:04:36 CEST 2004

My scenario is that there are multiple people responsible, at different
times, for various services.

At present, I have to manage this by specifying the timeperiod for each
contact.

I'd rather associate people with timeperiods, rather than timeperiods
with people. So, I'd like to say:

Time              Main Contact          Secondary Contact
Mon, 9am-5pm      Peter                 Jim
Mon, 5pm-Tue 9am  Jim                   Sue
Tue 9am-5pm       Sue                   William
etc, etc, etc.

This way, I have a single file that shows me who's on duty when. With
the current setup, I could easily end up with two people on duty at the
same time, or worse - no-one on duty, simply by an error in the details
I enter.

I know I could achieve the above by writing a script to generate the
Nagios config files from a file format such as the one above, but is
there any other way I can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Upayavira