Problem alert server is EMPTY

Francesc Guasch frankie at etsetb.upc.es
Thu May 6 19:06:10 CEST 2004

Tedman Eng wrote:

Hi Tedman, thank you for answering me.

> Looks like you may have some syntax problems in misccommands.cfg.
> Specifically, the notification definitions.

I've been trying to fix this issue, so I downloaded
nagios-1.2 from tgz and built it.
I copied /sample-config/template-object/misccomands.cfg
to /etc/nagios ( this is the config location of the
rpm file ).

I also changed the notify line so I made sure this file
is being used for sending the request:

  ** PROBLEM alertdamnsure - ServerName/ is  **

I haven't noticed any change, misccomands.cfg is okay
so it looks like somewhere else nagios fails to pass
the service and status info to the command.

Anything else I could check ?