Searchable archive of Nag users

Tue Mar 30 00:41:53 CEST 2004

Dear Folks,

A searchable archive of postings to Nag users is

> Message: 31
> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> From: Cliff Riggs <cliff at proteris.com>
> Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:38:15 -0500
> Subject: [Nagios-users] New to list - searchable archive?

  .. snip ..

> I  have visited the page at
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=nagios-users and I
> was wondering if there were a searchable list hosted elsewhere (or even
> if I'm missing a big "search" button on that page!).

at http://search.gmane.org/

To search Nag users - always a good piece of advice before posting -

1 group name is gmane.network.nagios.user

2 search phrase is probably inclusive or of each word you type

eg a search for "searchable archive" returns

Gmane
   Search for words searchable archive______________________
   Written by       ________________________________________ Email
addresses only
   In group         gmane.network.nagios.user_______________ Search >>
   Sort by          Relevance: ( ) Date: (*)
   Searched gmane.network.nagios.user for searchable archive; 4 matching
articles. Results 1-4 .
   13,947,933 articles searched in 0.006234 seconds.

   1. Re: New to list - searchable archive? (6)
          Jason Martin <jhmartin <at> toger.us> (Mar 29 2004 22:13:56
CEST)
left side of that page, although SF's search function is of questionable
value. - -Jason Martin
          On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Cliff Riggs wrote: -----BEGIN PGP
SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.3.5 (GNU/Linux) Comment: pgpenvelope
2.10.2 -
          http://pgpenvelope.sourceforge.net/ iD8D ...
          gmane.network.nagios.user:18898

   2. RE: New to list - searchable archive? (6)
          "Marc Powell" <marc <at> ena.com> (Mar 29 2004 16:26:25 CEST)
          Left hand column, beneath the sourceFORGE.net logo and above
'SF.net Subscription'. Container is labeled 'Search' and the default
option is 'This Mailing
          List'. -- Marc
          by Daniel Robbins, Pres ...
          gmane.network.nagios.user:18897

If you wanted to follow the rather interesting recent thread about
check_by_ssh, a search for check_by_ssh does the right thing (TM).

HTH

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.