Special notifications handling in Nagios

Petr Simek psimek at jcu.cz
Fri Mar 26 12:34:56 CET 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Joe Rhett wrote:

> I really don't see any problem with most of this.  All you need to do is
> set up the proper intersection of notification times for the hosts and
> the contacts. The only gotcha is ...
>
> >   at 1:00, then 'up state' notification will be sent at 7:00
>
> Uh.. nobody (no process) is going to hang around for 6 hours and wait to
> send you a notification.  Really.  Notifications are either sent or not
> at the time they are conceived :-(
>
> Now you can tune this using the notification options so that you don't
> get the notifications at night, but you get them in e-mail so that you
> can review them in the morning, but they didn't interrupt your sleep.
> All sorts of flexibility here.

Yes, I have email account where nagios notifications goes. But I am not
always within reach of computer to read emails. Therefore I want a special
contact to forward notifications as SMS to my mobile phone.

And I would special behavior at this contact - one notification when
service or host goes down a and one when goes up. This is no problem.
But I want delay down and up notifications normally sended between
23:00-6:59 into 7:00 and only in case that state at 23:00 is different
at 7:00. If there was a problem between 3:00 and 4:00 don't send
notifications to this contact. This problem I will see when I will read
emails, but at 7:00 is not actual.