Service Configuration Question

joerg.helmert at aracomp.de joerg.helmert at aracomp.de
Wed Mar 24 10:33:07 CET 2004

I agree to Andreas.
I use monitoring to know everything is ok.
If a plugin is not able to do its work, I do not know whats going on.
So that is CRITICAL for me.

The way the plugin gets its data doesn't play a role for me.
(local/snmp/nrpe/nsca/ssh or whatever...)

In above scenario you of course do not know if diskstate is ok or not, if
snmp fails.
But if snmp fails, something is wrong and that is CRITICAL.

> > --
> > Karl
> >

> --
> Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson