Service Configuration Question

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Mar 24 09:31:09 CET 2004

Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:39:31 +0100
> Andreas Ericsson <ae at op5.se> wrote:

--[ snip ]--

>>Again, that's not what I said. But if the plugin can't fetch any data
>>at ALL (snmpget times out), it's supposed to return CRITICAL and not
>>UNKNOWN.
>

> That sort of depends - if you are checking the status of snmp, then yes.
> But say you are trying to find out if a disk is full, whether or not
> snmp is running has very little to do with whether the disk is full

I totally disagree. If the plugin fetches disk status input from
nsclient or nrpe (or snmp, for that matter) and can't get it, it's a
critical error (service not running).
If it fetches it from the LOCAL server and can't get it, then it's most
likely due to filesystem error (or a plugin bug, which we have to
disregard for the sake of this discussion), which is definitely critical.

--
Sourcerer / Andreas Ericsson
OP5 AB
andreas.ericsson at op5.se