Service Configuration Question

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Mar 24 13:42:23 CET 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:33:07 +0100
joerg.helmert at aracomp.de wrote:

> [...]

Then you want to configure nagios to notify you on UNKNOWN. End of
story.

If I change the plugin to report CRITICAL, those who use the current
distinction lose information as a result. For instance, you might very
reasonably have a nagios admin teams fix or at least diagnose the state
unknown, whereas a local admin would deal with the disk full. (Though
I'm not sure how easy this would be in nagios as it stands, ath least
without some addin mail agent)

OOTH, I can understand the desire for a distinction between a
plugin syntax error and the UNKNOWN state. I would be happy to code tha
into the plugins IF Ethan felt he wanted to honor that disctinction in
Nagios.

--
Karl