Newbie question.

christian janssen proftp_cj at kdd.de
Tue Mar 16 16:50:15 CET 2004

Chris

Please also study RTFM !

At 15:14 16.03.2004, you wrote:
>      I'm sure this has been asked before.  But I can't find any
>archives to go look through.
>
>      Several config files have a common parameter
>
>      notification_options

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html

notification_options: This directive is used to determine when
notifications for the service should be sent out. Valid options are a
combination of one or more of the following: w = send notifications on a
WARNING state, u = send notifications on an UNKNOWN state, c = send
notifications on a CRITICAL state, and r = send notifications on recoveries
(OK state). If you specify n (none) as an option, no service notifications
will be sent out. Example: If you specify w,r in this field, notifications
will only be sent out when the service goes into a WARNING state and when
it recovers from a WARNING state.

cheers
Christian