Newbie question.

Michael Eck meck at chilitech.net
Tue Mar 16 16:48:56 CET 2004

Check out the docs (i.e., rtfm):
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html

notification_options answers the question "when should nagios notify?"

valid options are d,u, and r for hosts (down, unknown, recover) and
w,u,c,r for services (warning, unknown, critical and recover).

notification_period indicates the short name of a notification period
as specified in your time periods configuration file.

see http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#timeperiod

Good Luck!

On Mar 16, 2004, at 10:14 AM, Chris Johnson wrote:

>      I'm sure this has been asked before.  But I can't find any
> archives to go look through.
>
>      Several config files have a common parameter
>
>      notification_options
>
> I'd REALLY like to know what the options are here.  Maybe there's
> documentation that I've missed.  If so please point me to it.  I'd
> also like to know what all can be used in
>
>      notification_period
>
> Help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

> --------
> Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
> Systems Administrator       |Web:
> http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
> NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
> Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
> 149 (2301) 13th Street      |"Survival is insufficient"
> Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |             Seven of nine.
> reporting any issue.

----
Michael Eck
Chilitech Internet Solutions