sending notifications to windows instant messe nger

Sam Terburg - Luna.nl Sam at Luna.nl
Sat Jun 26 11:50:07 CEST 2004

after reading this i got curious.
clicking the link specified i found http://msnp.sourceforge.net/
below is a simple script that just sends 1 message.
i'm planning on writing a more intelligent script that can alse receive
messages, which will be interpreted into nagios commands, so that you can
acknowledge the critical_notification nagios just send you by simply
replying with 'acknowledged'.

the login (and sending the message) takes about 8 seconds. quite long.
so i should probably write a client/server version.
i'll post it to the list when i got it all working.
but that could take a month or so. i don't have mush time.

Greetings,

Sam Terburg
Luna.nl

#!/usr/bin/python2.2

import msnp
import time

class MsnListener(msnp.SessionCallbacks):
    def state_changed(self, state):
        if state == msnp.States.ONLINE:
            msn.start_chat('sam at luna.nl')
    def chat_started(self, chat):