Antwort: Re: Perf-Problem - Not more than 255 Childs?

Ben Clewett Ben at clewett.org.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:48:42 CEST 2004

Sorry, I think I missed the beginning of this thread.  But I can see if
I can provide any relevant information.

Nagios only needs to open *one* file for PerfParse to work.  This file
is help open permanently.  (serviceperf.log)  The 256 limit per process
is unlikely to be of any relevance.

MySQL of course opens up hundreds.  (326 on my machine.)  If you have a
problem here, try moving MySQL to another host.  This will also do
wonders for your performance.

I can add to the comment about adjusting the max open files.  The fact
that it's 256 and not 257 or 255 suggests this is not a limit you can
change.  If you do this, you will probably make your system unstable, if
it runs at all.  Don't do it :)

Regards, Ben.