hostextinfo templates stopped working

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 14 03:52:51 CEST 2004

Well, after working on this for the last 3 hours, wouldn't you know that I'd
find the answer immediately after posting to the list?

For thos of you interested in the cause of my problem (and for posterity)
the reason was this -  there was *one* hostextinfo definition using a
misspelt template name, and this stopped *all* templates from working, and
no error messages were logged anywhere.

I worked this out by slowly deleting every definition from the file in turn.
The offending one was the last in the file (typical).

Maybe Nagios should produce some error messages when it finds
inconsistencies in the extinfo files, as it does for errors in the other
files?

Thanks for letting me waste your time,

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **