hostextinfo templates stopped working

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 14 03:41:05 CEST 2004

I have a problem here someone may know the answer to.  All of the templates
in my hostextinfo file have stopped working, for some reason.

I know the hostextinfo file is being processed, because the notes_url
(defined against each host) is being processed.  However, the icon_image is
defined in a template, and this is not being read.

I know the icon file is readable, because if I move the definition into the
host proper then it works.  Here is a snippet:

# Template
define hostextinfo{
        name    os-linux
        icon_image      linux40.gif
        statusmap_image linux40.gd2
        icon_image_alt  Linux
}
# Host definition
define hostextinfo {
        host_name       MyHost
        use     os-linux
        notes_url
https://monitor/cgi-bin/routers2.cgi?rtr=hosts-unix/myhost.cfg&if=__summary
}

The notes_url works, the icon_image doesn't.  The strangest thing is that,
up until a week ago, it all worked.  I don't know at what point it suddenly
ceased to work, unfortunately -- we've been doing a lot of work on the
configuration.

This works:
define hostextinfo {
        host_name       MyHost
        icon_image      linux40.gif
        statusmap_image linux40.gd2
        icon_image_alt  Linux
        notes_url
https://monitor/cgi-bin/routers2.cgi?rtr=hosts-unix/myhost.cfg&if=__summary
}

but I'd prefer to continue to use templates if possible.

Does anyone recognise this problem?  Any ideas as to why it has suddenly
stopped working?  Thanks in advance for any help...

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **