Dell Openmanage and Compaq/HP Insight Manager 7

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Jun 11 15:49:06 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 03:35, Sand Philipp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my company we're planning to use nagios as our primary Monitoring
> Tool. We used MRTG, BigBrother, the Compaq Insight Manager and the
> Dell Openmanage Tools so far, but we're searching for a Tool, whic can
> combine the most functions of all those tools in one. And I think
> Nagios is able to manage that.
>
> My question is, are there any Plugins to get the Data from the Insight
> Manager or the Openmange? I found sometink like check_insight, but
> couldn't get it running :-/
>
> So far i got not so much skills in perl or snmp, otherwise I think i
> wouldn't be a big thing to script a soloution, right?

I wrote a plugin for checking openmanage through snmp.  You can get it
here:

http://www.duke.edu/~sean/nagios/

There is one known bug.. hardware log errors show up as errors in an
unknown component.  This is because I couldn't figure out which OID to
look at to see if the error was coming from the hardware log.

Please feel free to use it.  I'd appreciate any feedback you might have
on it.