Dell Openmanage and Compaq/HP Insight Manager 7

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 11 16:26:24 CEST 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 sonar at xs4all.nl wrote:

> We configured Openmanage once to send snmptraps to Nagios.

I have a similar problem, I'd like to monitor statistics on the Dell
hardware, but without SNMP.

Have you seen the following, (found it on the Nagios Propaganda page):

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/1q04-sch.pdf

The newest OM software contains a command line utility omreport that lets
you query the hardware without relying on SNMP.  The Dell guys even supply
a Nagios plugin.

Look for this Dell OM tarball on Dell's website:
om37_lnx_managed_system_A00-1.tar.gz

Is there a similar non-SNMP way to do this with Compaq hardware?  I don't
have any currently but we need to support it going forward.

Thanks.
Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com