problem with alerts

Anthony Lieuallen anthony at caretechgroup.com
Tue Jun 8 20:17:28 CEST 2004

I've been having some problems recently.  In short, in my misccommands.cfg:

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
         command_name    notify-by-email
         command_line    echo -e "To: $CONTACTEMAIL$\nFrom:
nagios at outoftheboxgroup.com\nSubject: ** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ -
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **\n\n***** Nagios
*****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService:
$SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$\n" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -bm $CONTACTEMAIL$
         }

The message gets sent fine.  And was certainly working alright for a
while.  But now the message subjects come through as, for example, "**
PROBLEM - cisco/ is **"  Clearly leaving off the service name and state.
  Any ideas?  Thanks.