Trying to get Nagios UP

chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com chbaker at powersystems.rockwell.com
Tue Jun 8 20:33:28 CEST 2004

Could you include your services.cfg or at least the parts that define
``PING'' for ``cima''? And how about the dependencies.cfg file? Or better
yet, why not post them on your web site so those who are interested in
helping can get them w/o filling everyone's inbox.
----
Charles H. Baker Unix/Linux Systems Administrator, RHCE 803003765209325
chbaker at ps.rockwell.com work: 864.281.2409 cell: 864.363.5302
Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. Paul J. Meyer

                      Nene <nene at sal.gbnet.cc>
                      Sent by:                             To:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                      nagios-users-admin at lists.sour        cc:
                      ceforge.net                          Subject:  [Nagios-users] Trying to get Nagios UP

                      06/08/2004 01:29 PM

Hi everybody, I´m trying to run Nagios for the first time, but when I
make the checking using the nagios -v command, the console showed to me
this lines:

Checking service dependencies...
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'PING' on host 'cima'
is circular (it depends on itself)!
Error: Service dependency definition for service 'PING' on host 'cima'
is circular (it depends on itself)!

Checked 2 service dependencies.

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   2

I really don´t understand what is the meaning of the lines before, I´d
checked my dependencies.cfg file and everything looks fine.

Can anyone guide me to solve my issue ? I will appreciate a lot...

By the way, I´m running Nagios 1.2 over Fedora Core 2

Best Regards

Nene

reporting any issue.